Remembering the Dam(n)ed: Finlay, Parsnip and Peace rivers before Williston reservoir
  Today's distant [electricity consumers] do not remember the Finlay, Parsnip, and pristine Peace Rivers...(SiteC Joint Review Panel, 2014)
  Zoom in to see the rivers; click markers for historical maps and photos;
  and use slider to fade out pre-Williston reservoir topographic maps.

 Sources:
 The Finlay, Parsnip and western Peace rivers are "remembered" using clips from National Topographic Series map sheets and archival photos below:
  930 Pine Pass, 1st ed. (1955) [Canada] Army Service Establishment, Department of Mines and Technical Surveys.
  94B Halfway River, 2nd ed.(1954) [Canada] Army Service Establishment, Department of Mines and Technical Surveys.
  94C Fort Grahame, 1st ed.(1955) [Canada] Army Service Establishment, Department of Mines and Technical Surveys.
  Selwyn, A.R.C. Junction of Nation [Creek] and Parsnip River looking West (1875) Library and Archives Canada.
  Peace River Pass from Mount Selwyn (1906) BC Archives.
  Swannell, F.C. Canoeing up Black Canyon, on the Omineca River (1913) BC Archives.
  Swannell, F.C. Running the Finlay Rapids on the Peace River (1914) BC Archives.
  Swannell, F.C. Tracking up the Finlay River near Ingenika (1914) BC Archives.
  Swannell, F.C. Beattie Ranch (1929) BC Archives.
  Swannell, F.C. Running the Parle Pas rapids (1929) BC Archives.
  Swannell, F.C. Fort Grahame on the Finlay River (1939) BC Archives.

  Special thanks to BradR at the University of Winnipeg Geography Library for scanning the maps!
 Title quote from Site C Joint Review Panel report, 2014
 
  WesternDivision-Canadian Association of Geographers March 2015, TRU, Kamloops conference presentation

  University of Victoria Maps and GIS Library
  Contact: 250-853-3619 or
  UVic Libraries 250-721-7356